Here, There be a Writer

Sunday, October 15, 2017

OctPoWriMo - Day 15 - Vomit (Unsought Adventure)

What a topic! Well I am not one to pass up a topic, form, style for OctPoWriMo. Okay maybe Sestinas, but I haven't given up on this year's attempt.

Word Prompt: Vomit, Vomiting

Poetic Prompt: Narrative Poetry

Unsought Adventure

One moment--
and feel that nothing is permanent,
dream-like,
surreal.

When I wake up,
I can't feel my feet
and my head is spinning.
I cannot move fast enough
through the quagmire,
like some strange journey 
through the Swamps of Sadness...

(I hope you get the reference.) 

...to the Ivory Tower 
and sought after release.

(I didn't think this reference would work so well.)

Wind blowing.
hurricane levels of fear
and gravity in reverse,
and knowing it didn't taste that way the first time,
but then,
maybe it doesn't matter.
In that moment,
the dragon is slayed,
the nothing is vanquished,
and the floor is so cold
that all you want is to sleep.

Note: Don't let me write about vomit again, Tamara, please, this poem is far to beautiful for something so gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: