Here, There be a Writer

Monday, April 25, 2016

Day 24: Seemingly Nosense



Yesterday's prompt (yes, I am trying to catch up on my poems):  a “mix-and-match” poem in which you mingle fancy vocabulary with distinctly un-fancy words.




Bardolatry - humorous excessive admiration of Shakespeare (‘the Bard of Avon’)
cerulean - deep sky blue
clepsydra - an early clock using the flow of water into or out of a container
dwaal - S. African a dreamy, dazed, or absent-minded state
glaikit - Scottish & N. English stupid, foolish, or thoughtless

 Seemingly Nonsense

The cloying air
Hanging is cloistered masses
Like curtains in the windows.

They are coloured cerulean,
I bet you don’t know what thst colour is?
But I remember that time,
Blowing lacy fabric,
Standing in an empty room,
When sunlight shining down.

When I,
Worshipping Bardolatry,
Whispering thou blessed words
Within the pine forest.
In the selfsame sunshine
And the trickling of the clepsydra,
Meaning I am not outside,
But in a somewhat dwaalish state.

Knowing what I know,
I don’t feel the glaikit in the least,
And I can only marvel at the poem
That I have just written,
For you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: