Here, There be a Writer

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Saturday Shenanigans

There are things we geek out for right?

I know I do.

I love books. In fact, if go into a used books store, I am prone to spend too much. I have a small library in my study.

I love music. Music of all kinds and styles. See above except with CD's.

I am a Whovian. If you don't know what that is, it is a fan of  Doctor Who. I only started watching the show back in 2012 and have watched all of the new series that was rebooted in 2005. I have mini Tardis' all over my study and posters on my wall, and too many tee-shirts in my closet.

What does this mean? Well, yesterday one of my best friends decided to kidnap me and my hubs and go someplace new. We were bound for Saturday Shenanigans to the Nerd-Vana: Sound Go Round (nerd haven of video games, music, movies, comic books, etc) in Vestal, NY and followed by dinner at the mostly famous Blue Dolphin Diner in Apalachin, NY. I had the Greek combo platter which introduced me to more Greek cuisine and gave me plenty of leftovers. Oooof, so full butt so tasty!!

While at Sound Go Round, I found a DVD of the first season of The Sarah Jane Adventures, one of the Doctor Who spin-offs featuring Sarah Jane Smith. So I splurged. I also picked up Weird Al's Bad Hair Day. I am slowly collecting all teh CD's. 'Twas a good day.


This also caps the audition weekend for The Lake Country Player's production of The Music Man. Interesting to note that I knew almost nothing about the show except that Matthew Broderick played Harold Hill in a TV version a few years ago, Gary Indiana is a catchy song, I know more song than I thought, and I am glad to have a new theatre project again. Those of you new here, I am a writer and a theatre geek. I will have my ROW80 post up later today with my progress for Round 3 goals.

To embrace my nerdiness and because I haven't done a top 10 (or 5) list in months. I present my top 5 Doctor defining moments. For those maybe a little confused, these are the moments where the Doctor is truly embodies what the Doctor is. These are the moments that usually melt your heart and/or make you cry. *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

#5: Christopher Eccleston in The Empty Child. "Everybody lives, Rose! Just this one time, everyone lives."

#4: David Tennent in the Fires of Pompeii - The end of the episode

#3: David Tennent in the Forest of the Dead - The end of the episode

#2: Matt Smith in Vincent and the Doctor - The end of the episode

#1: Peter Capaldi in Flatline - The end of the epsiode

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: