Here, There be a Writer

Monday, June 1, 2015

Post Zombie Prom and Check-in...

Tyburn: a six line poem consisting of 2, 2, 2, 2, 9, 9 syllables. The first four lines rhyme and are all descriptive words. The last two lines rhyme and incorporate the first, second, third, and fourth lines as the 5th through 8th syllables.

This is NOT an easy form. Granted it is my first time trying this form. So, I will write a second poem in a form that I am more comfortable also.



Theatrical Flow

Mic Checks
Places
Spotlights
Are Now
To the stage for Mic Checks, Places called--
When the moment spotlights are now trawled.

Tetractys: 5 lines of 1, 2, 3, 4, 10 syllables. A Double Tetractys is 1, 2, 3, 4, 10, 10, 4, 3, 2, 1. And triple Tetractys is 1, 2, 3, 4, 10, 10, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 10.

Therical Flow V.2

Stage
the show
begins now
curtains open
hear the music play, as the story is
given life by the actors, in movement--
Just another day...
another show
we do
this.

Which do you prefer, Dear Readers? I am partial to the second, as it feels more like me. The Tyburn was an interesting time, but I am not thrilled with the end. The concept is what I what, but I cannot seem to find the right word combo that rhymes. Maybe it still works. Any suggestions on word choice, Dear Readers? Leave me some love and let me know...I'm curious what you have to say. I consider all suggestions.

Okay, ROW80 check-in time. It's been a quite weekend on thew writing front. But today is June 1st and the beginning of my 3 month hiatus from theatre (except of VP duties with The Lake Country Players). I am looking forward to coming home after work and working on the house, writing, reading, spending time with friends and family.  I have been so busy the last couple of years that I am surprised I remember any of it.

Zombie Prom has just finished. It was a grand time! I got to reconnect with my KLP family, bond with new and old friends. We made magic! We sung! We danced! We lived! My time at Enrico Fermi High is done, but the memories will live forever. There's the Andrews sisters secretaries in That's the Beat for Me, or playing a Motorwise Guy in Come and Join Us/How Do I Say Goodbye to Love?

As much as the post-show crash hasn't quite hit me yet, I do feel that the world is a little more empty.  The skies are grey (after a much needed day of rain), and the temperature is much cooler, which is leading to the empty feelings, I think. I am spending some time reflecting on the last couple of months. These people of Enrico Fermi High are my family and now that I am not seeing them everyday, I feel lonely. But, I also feel happy. When magic happens you can't feel bad.

So, my check-in this week is starting light, but in truth I need to build up. Thus, I hope that as the week goes on I will; have more to report on.


This Week:
    *Reading: started reading Crispin: The Cross of Lead (Avi). Continue reading and add, Murder in Three Acts (Agatha Christie)
    *Housework: laundry is done and put away dishes on docket to finish tonight.
    *Writing: today's post is the most words written this week, but I have written a number of poems last week, more than one a day some days.



This Week (upcoming): stripping down my goals even further to the bare essentials!
     *Reading:  Crispin and Mirder in Three Acts.
     *Writing: going to try something a little different this week. Write for 30 minutes Tuesday through Friday.
     *Social Media: 4 blogs daily.
     *Submission: 1 this week.

A Round of Words in 80 Days, the blog challenge that knows you have a life. Come over to the Blog Hop for a visit.

What have you been up to this week, Dear Readers? How do you bounce back after being busy with other projects, hobbies, life?

A little promo from the show featuring Eddie Flagrante's Harem, I mean secretaries....




2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's crazy stuff. I've never heard of that type of poem. I'm lucky if I can write a limerick or a haiku. LOL Good job on being able to follow the forms.

    Good luck with all your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to say, but easy to write. Except that I do a lot of counting on my fingers. It's taken me a long time to appreciate forms. I loved free verse in school, but then poetic forms swept me off my feet.

      Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete

Leave me a note: